100 Days in Appalachia is a collaborative nonprofit newsroom. We prioritize working with other publications on creating new content, but know that ours aren’t the only voices in the region, so we also work to bring more attention to the work of our partners.
We invite other media outlets to republish our stories. Our goals are to make our journalism – and Appalachia as a whole – more open source and to reach as many people as possible with the stories we’ve been telling. So our work is free for the taking, with some restrictions as outlined below. Unless otherwise noted, you can feel free to republish our original content pieces under a Creative Commons license – pieces that do not include a republishing credit for our partners at the top or bottom.
If you’re interested in republishing our content, please follow these few guidelines:
- You are welcome to republish our stories as long as proper credit is given. The original author and contributors of the story must be credited, as well as our publication.
- Must include at the top of the article: This article was originally published by 100 Days in Appalachia, a nonprofit, collaborative newsroom telling the complex stories of the region that deserve to be heard. Sign up for their weekly newsletter here.
- If you are republishing online, please include the embedded link above to our homepage and to sign up to our weekly newsletter.
- Our material cannot be edited except to reflect relative changes in time, location and editorial style.
- Photographs and videos credited to 100 Days in Appalachia can be republished, but credit must be given to our publication and the content creators. We can not grant permission for visual or audio media created by our partner publications or media licensed from third parties.
- You must tag 100 Days in Appalachia when sharing our stories as posts on your social media.
- You can not republish our content wholesale or automatically. Select stories may be republished individually.
- You have no rights to sell our stories to any third parties or represent yourself as an authorized owner or representative of our material. You may not put our stories behind a paywall.
- We would love to hear from you when republishing our stories! Please email [email protected] to let us know!
Have any questions about republishing our material? Please contact us at [email protected].