Farmers in the Ohio Valley are waiting to see how President Trump’s choice to lead the Agriculture Department might affect their fortunes. Concerns over trade have held up a confirmation vote for nominee Sonny Perdue, …Continue reading
100 Days, 100 Voices
- On Trump’s promise to bring back coal, these retired union miners say: ‘We can’t live in the past’
- While cities protest, some rural resistors are going back to the land in West Virginia
- ‘The hardest thing when I got my diagnosis was to call our two daughters’
- Kentucky communities counter white nationalist rally
- Tourism under Trump: Can recreation in Appalachia revive a struggling economy?
- Hello, world.