It seems like everyday we hear the siren calls of a coming job apocalypse. A new report out of the PwC says that 38 percent of all jobs in America are at risk of being …Continue reading
A bipartisan group of legislators has asked President Donald Trump to make more money available for black lung health clinics as they face an increase in cases of the disease among coal miners. More than 20 …Continue reading
Coal country’s economic woes took center stage at the Environmental Protection Agency as President Donald Trump signed an executive order Monday to undo parts of President Barack Obama’s environmental legacy. The president was flanked by coal …Continue reading
Everybody that sits down and blesses a table and enjoys a meal has somebody like myself and countless other small farmers around the world to thank for that. Sylvester “Sky” Edwards: My true passion has …Continue reading
Vice President Mike Pence made several stops in West Virginia Saturday, March 25, including the West Virginia state Capitol and Foster Supply Company in Scott Depot, where he spoke to an audience of about 200 …Continue reading
Recently, I picked up our morning copy of The Washington Post to see “Accident, Md.”, my tiny home town, on the dateline. A Post reporter ventured into far western Maryland, so-called “Trump Country” in the …Continue reading
100 Days, 100 Voices
- On Trump’s promise to bring back coal, these retired union miners say: ‘We can’t live in the past’
- While cities protest, some rural resistors are going back to the land in West Virginia
- ‘The hardest thing when I got my diagnosis was to call our two daughters’
- Kentucky communities counter white nationalist rally
- Tourism under Trump: Can recreation in Appalachia revive a struggling economy?
- Hello, world.