Lawmakers in both Kentucky and West Virginia are working to loosen mine safety regulations, alarming some mine safety experts. Kentucky lawmakers passed a bill that reduces the number of underground mine inspections from six a …Continue reading
100 Days, 100 Voices
- The Mountaineers as a metaphor: How WVU’s heartbreaking loss reminds us of what else we’re missing
- We still live here and we still make it, despite the obstacles.
- Elizabeth Catte: Resisting myths of whiteness in Appalachia
- When your job moves to Mexico
- Job-spurring grants in Appalachia are targeted in Trump’s budget. Here’s what is on the line
- Roger May: Despite turbulent times, ‘I couldn’t not come back’ home to West Virginia