Bob Jones is a sixth generation West Virginian and a Muslim convert. He feels at home in Appalachia at the intersection between his Christian roots and Islamic faith and lives within 10 miles of where his …Continue reading
100 Days, 100 Voices
- On Trump’s promise to bring back coal, these retired union miners say: ‘We can’t live in the past’
- While cities protest, some rural resistors are going back to the land in West Virginia
- ‘The hardest thing when I got my diagnosis was to call our two daughters’
- Kentucky communities counter white nationalist rally
- Tourism under Trump: Can recreation in Appalachia revive a struggling economy?
- Hello, world.