Nestled in the hills in Pocahontas County, West Virginia, is the Green Bank Telescope. At 485 feet tall and about 300 feet across, it’s the largest fully-steerable telescope in the world, and it belongs to Green …Continue reading
100 Days, 100 Voices
- On Trump’s promise to bring back coal, these retired union miners say: ‘We can’t live in the past’
- While cities protest, some rural resistors are going back to the land in West Virginia
- ‘The hardest thing when I got my diagnosis was to call our two daughters’
- Kentucky communities counter white nationalist rally
- Tourism under Trump: Can recreation in Appalachia revive a struggling economy?
- Hello, world.